Tuesday, June 05, 2007

More thoughts... Has a priest ever...

Well, after a little disruption in Church I have done more thinking. I know, I know, I will stop soon and go back to scrapbooking.

Firstly: Should you comment during the sermon. One Sunday our minister was talking about Spouse abuse stats... One man stood up at the back and yelled that they were all hogwash and stormed off!

So if your minister is talking rubbish, what should you do? Do you challenge their mis-interpretation during the sermon or let them finish and say something afterwards. By then the whole congregation has heard the incorrect message....
Mmmmmm


Then secondly: Church Etiquette...
Oh I love this one! We were handed a flyer on church etiquette... Fascinating reading. Here are my top three from the list!

Nobody should wear jeans. (there goes the evening service)

Nobody should pew block! (like that one)You know, those people who have to sit right on the aisle so you have to force your body past them!
and the one that got me thinking..

Woman should must be dressed modestly and not expose her shoulders..

When in Rome, if you are a woman, you are not allowed into St Peter's wearing shorts! and you are not allowed to expose your shoulders! (sarons are great for getting around this.)
But that made me think of weddings..
The latest fashion is for bustier type tops on wedding dresses.

Has a priest / minister ever asked what the bride is wearing before the service, told her it was not appropriate for a church wedding and that he wouldn't marry them unless she covered up?


No comments: