Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Update

While Madeleine has been missing life has continued for the rest of us.

I bought the family next door a portrait session for the Mum's birthday and so I went along to practise my portrait photography. I am very happy with my results. For those of you out of the know, they are a family of 14. 12 kids (no twins!) and Mum and Dad. Let's just say life is never dull! But maybe more about them some other day.

Monkey is loving school! We pulled up outside and he started saying, "My Liz, My Liz".
Liz is now a generic term for anyone other than Mum, which refers to me AND Daddy.
He now has a sleep there and so I have 6 hours to myself once a week. As Pud is studying again I really look forward to those few hours to myself.

Besides doing my paid job, I am also compiling a book of poetry. John next door writes poetry and so for his birthday I am typing up all of his poems and making them into a book for him. It has been great for my copy typing and hopefully they will feel that I have done a good job.
The book includes photos of his family and places that he has written about around here so it should be a nice record of life in 2007 in years to come.

I have also been scrapbooking a) my China photos and B) made a sort of advent calendar for a friend who is having a baby. Will post some photos soon.


For all of you people who have had the misfortune of being at a resort with Germans I am delighted to direct you to of todays copyThe Sun, a british newspaper. As you may have experienced in resorts, the Germans sneak out of their rooms at some God forsaken hour of the morning and put towels on the sunloungers to book them for use later on in the day. They then turn up to their "reserved" chair at anytime after 10am. Bloody annoying!
Some heoric British tour guide got fed up with this and collected all the towels and set them on fire!!!!
All I can add is three cheers! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray!


Lastly here is my funny story for the week....

Monkey has also decided he is the only one who can open the front door. So yesterday morning he is watching a movie and I think FANTASTIC, quick shower. Just lathered up and the shower door opens, water goes everywhere and he put his little arm into this exaggerated point and says "Liz door!" Great! Please God let it be the lady next door. Forget the towel, grab a gown and dash.... and
there is the courier delivering books for hubby...

Luckily the courier only delivers here about once a week so I have 6 more days to hope he forgets ;)

No comments: